Tedd H. Friedman
T (513) 977-3413
F (513) 977-3413
T (513) 977-3467
Tedd Friedman is a life-long businessman who started his first venture at age 9 (selling manufacturing remnants of Formica-covered countertops).
So it is no surprise that as Tedd began his legal career, he immersed himself in the investment philosophies of Warren Buffett and Benjamin Graham. In fact, those lessons inform Tedd’s practice of law as much as anything he learned in law school. His clients have come to expect that, in addition to legal advice, Tedd’s counsel will embrace ways to maximize value while maintaining an adequate margin of safety.
Tedd’s legal practice has an emphasis on real estate investment and the formation, operation and sale of privately-owned businesses.
He regularly represents real estate owners, developers and investors in purchasing, developing and selling real estate and has significant experience in the formation and operation of real estate private equity funds. Tedd’s practice includes negotiation of purchase and development agreements, assemblages, financing and related transactions. He has also been involved in the commercial mortgage backed securities markets from its inception.
Because creating value may also require reducing, negotiating or restructuring debt, Tedd has developed significant experience handling real estate issues arising from a difficult economic environment. He has helped his clients build value through purchases of distressed real estate and real estate-backed debt. And has helped others manage difficulties through restructuring, receiverships, and deeds-in-lieu of foreclosure.
Tedd also has extensive experience in hospitality, multi-family and real estate private equity industry. He represents multi-national real estate developers and private equity funds with hotel, office, multi-family and other commercial developments throughout the world.
Tedd’s emphasis in the corporate area is privately-owned businesses, with experience in family-owned business and the unique challenges they face. He has represented clients in all phases of their businesses: from formation to operations to sale. And, he handles a wide range of ownership-related matters including business succession.
In his free time, Tedd is active in Cincinnati’s philanthropic community. He is a past-president and Executive Committee member of the Jewish Federation of Cincinnati and is a co-founder and the Board Chair of Most Valuable Kids of Greater Cincinnati. He also serves on the Executive Committee and as General Counsel to the Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber. And he is a board member of the Mayerson JCC.
Awards & Honors
- Best Lawyers in America® 2010-2021
- 2013 Top Rated Lawyer in Health Care by American Lawyer Media and Martindale-Hubbell
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Beacon of Light Humanitarian Award from Lighthouse Youth Services
- Kate S. Mack Award from the Jewish Federation of Cincinnati
- Most Valuable Kids of Greater Cincinnati, Co-founder and Chairman of the Board
- The Jewish Federation of Cincinnati, Past President
- Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber, Executive Committee Member and General Counsel
- Mayerson JCC, Board Member
- The Wexner Heritage Leadership Institute, Graduate
- 1992, Ohio
- University of Cincinnati, J.D., 1992, Order of the Coif, Law Review
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, B.S., 1989
- Corporate and General Business
- Family-Owned and Closely-Held Businesses
- Finance and Lending
- General Business
- Information Technology and e-Business
- Manufacturing, Construction and Distribution
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Private Equity
- Real Estate
- Restaurant and Food Service