Matthew A. Kitchen
T (513) 977-3483
F (513) 977-3483
T (513) 977-3467
Matt Kitchen’s practice is concentrated in the areas of business and real estate law. In his business practice, he represents closely held companies in the purchase and sale of businesses, formation of entities, shareholder and member relations, financing transactions and the drafting and negotiation of commercial contracts, including supply agreements, joint venture agreements, and master services agreements. Matt also represents executives in their employment relationships and has extensive experience in the public safety uniform industry, having recently represented several clients in the sale of their businesses.
The real estate component of Matt’s practice includes the acquisition, sale and development of commercial properties and the drafting and negotiation of leases. Additionally, Matt, as a licensed title agent, works with Katz Teller’s affiliated title agency, Summit Title Agency, Inc., on the issuance of title insurance in connection with real estate acquisition and financing transactions.
Prior to law school, Matt worked as a certified public accountant and an auditor for a large regional public accounting firm and as an internal auditor supporting the commercial lending group of a national bank. From this experience, Matt gained the ability to understand and navigate business issues, which made for a smooth transition into law school and the practice of law and has enabled him to take a “businessperson’s approach” to his practice.
A long-time resident of the Walnut Hills neighborhood, Matt has served as the Treasurer and a member of the Board of Trustees of the Walnut Hills Redevelopment Foundation, as well as serving on the Foundation’s Real Estate Development Committee and Finance Committee.
At Katz Teller, Matt is an elected member of the firm's Board of Directors and serves on its building, finance, opinion and strategic planning committees.
Awards & Honors
- Ohio Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2015, 2016
- Woodward/White’s Best Lawyers in America®, 2017-2021
- Received the James B. Helmer, Jr. Law Review Prize from the University of Cincinnati College of Law for outstanding contributions to the school's Law Review
- 2006, Ohio
- University of Cincinnati College of Law, J.D., 2006, cum laude
- Served as Managing Editor of the University of Cincinnati Law Review and was selected as a Corporate Law Fellow
- Miami University, Richard T. Farmer School of Business Administration, B.S., Accounting, 1998