Margaret C. Gibson
Prior to attending law school, Maggie was a fifth grade teacher. Teaching at an elementary school developed Maggie’s patience, discipline, and organization, and her current practice in probate, tax, and estate planning puts all of these skills to use.
Maggie counsels clients on estate planning, charitable giving, special needs issues, and probate matters. Her holistic approach takes into account her clients’ family dynamics and financial, tax, and non-tax objectives.
Maggie prepares comprehensive estate plans, facilitates charitable giving, restructures existing estate plans, uses non-judicial settlement agreements, and navigates probate issues. Maggie enjoys distilling complex ideas to help clients fully understand potential estate planning opportunities and their existing structures in place.
At Katz Teller, Maggie is a member of the firm’s recruiting, benefits, social, and retirement plan committees.
- Loyola University Chicago, J.D., 2016
- Loyola University Chicago, M.Ed., 2011
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., 2009
- 2019 Cincinnati Bar Association Estate Planning and Drafting Series
- Junior League Club of Cincinnati
- Volunteer Lawyer Project
- Pro Bono Partnership of Ohio
AWARDS & HONORS
- Loyola University President’s Medallion Recipient for demonstrated scholarship, leadership, and service
- Member of the Loyola University Chicago Law Review
MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
- Cincinnati Bar Association - Young Lawyers Section
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Member of the Probate and Estate Law Attorneys group (PELA), a networking and educational group for associate attorneys in the Greater Cincinnati area
- Cincinnati Estate Planning Council
- 2016, Ohio