Katz Teller Announcement Regarding COVID-19
Katz Teller has a plan in place for business continuity in response to the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak. For more information, please follow the link below. Katz Teller COVID-19 Information
Joel S. Brant
T (513) 977-3473
F (513) 762-0073
AssistantValerie Keeney / Ashley St. Hilaire
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
T (513) 977-3465 / (513) 977-3450
T (513) 977-3415
As anyone who has ever argued with a spouse or small child knows, there is a difference between hearing and listening, between being able to repeat what was said and actually taking it in and thinking about it.
With Jody Brant, there is never any question that he is both hearing and listening. In a world of loud talkers, it is Jody's ability to listen, to thoughtfully consider the input of others before speaking, that sets him apart as a lawyer and as a leader.
For Jody’s estate and wealth planning practice, the ability to do more than hear and reflect a client’s words in a legal document, but instead listen to and interpret their hopes and goals, allows him to develop strategies that might otherwise have been overlooked. In his taxation practice, which concerns corporate and partnership taxation, individual income taxation, state and local tax matters, gift and estate tax, and non-profit tax-exemption matters, taking the time to listen to every issue before rushing into action allows him to structure transactions efficiently, minimizing negative tax consequences and capitalizing on potential tax benefits.
In addition to practicing in the areas of estate and wealth planning and tax, Jody is involved in our entrepreneurship and family-owned and privately-held business groups and assists clients and families with formation of entities, structure, owner/shareholder relationships, business succession and other related issues.
He is involved in several leadership roles at the firm, including as a member of the firm’s Board of Directors and its benefits, finance, marketing, retirement plan and compensation committees.
Awards & Honors
- Named “Lawyer of the Year” for Cincinnati in Tax Law for 2016 by Woodward/White’s Best Lawyers in America®
- Recognized multiple times as one of Woodward/White’s Best Lawyers in America®
- Recognized multiple times by Law & Politics Media, Inc. as an Ohio Super Lawyer®
- Cincinnati Country Day School (President of Board of Trustees)
- Easter Seals TriState (Former Chair of Board of Trustees)
- Jewish Vocational Services of Cincinnati (Former Board Chair)
- JVS Foundation (Trustee)
- Cincinnati Squash Academy (Trustee)
- Leadership Cincinnati (Class 35)
- Ohio State Bar Association Federal Taxation Specialty Board
- 1997, Ohio
- New York University School of Law, LL.M. Taxation, 1998, Student Editor of the NYU Tax Law Review
- Georgetown University, J.D., 1997, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Staff Member of The Tax Lawyer, the official publication of the Tax Section of the American Bar Association
- Dartmouth College, B.A., 1991, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa