Andrew R. Berger
T (513) 977-3478
F (513) 762-0078
T (513) 977-3409
Some people gravitate toward complexity, and some want to be as far away from it as possible. For Andy Berger, the larger the scope, the more moving parts to manage, the better. Andy’s ability to grasp the big picture while minding the details allows him to tackle incredibly complex transactions and achieve order and structure at macro and micro levels.
As anyone who has been through a merger or acquisition knows, they are major events that create wide-ranging issues, entail significant negotiation and generate reams of paper or digital documents for review. In both general corporate and health care transactions such as these, Andy brings thoroughness, care and attention to detail balanced with creative, but practical, business strategies and advice.
Of course, one might expect a love of complexity from a man whose iTunes catalog runs the gamut from George Gershwin to the Goo Goo Dolls. Andy’s practice is equally diverse, also including significant experience in hospitality industry corporate representation, commercial real estate financing, business organization and succession planning and the negotiation and review of executive employment agreements.
In addition to his corporate board involvement in the non-profit sector and active participation in the local Jewish community, Andy is a long-time member of the firm’s Board of Directors.
Awards & Honors
- Recognized multiple times as one of Woodward/White’s Best Lawyers in America®
- Recognized multiple times by Law & Politics Media, Inc. as an Ohio Super Lawyer®
- Hebrew Union College – Jewish Institute of Religion, Chair of the Board of Governors
- Jewish Federation of Cincinnati, Immediate Past President
- Isaac M. Wise Temple, Past President
- Hillel at the University of Cincinnati, Former Board Member
Cornell University, J.D., 1978, cum laude
University of Nebraska, B.A., 1975, Phi Beta Kappa